Baby girl Magpie is two weeks old today, as of twenty minutes to midnight tonight. She is sleeping beside me right now, and will hopefully rest long enough for me to get a quick post in. I haven't decided whether I will post her name on this blog or not, so stay tuned as I figure it out. But rest assured, she is here, she is adorable.
The past two weeks have been a whirlwind. I will post her birth story in a separate post, but just the bullet point version gives you an idea:
- 36 hour induced labor
- contractions two minutes apart, lasting 1.5 minutes peak to peak (omg)
- then vomiting with each contraction commences!!
- Mo waves white flag after 6 hours, asks for epidural
- maternal fever
- fetal tachycardia
- dilate to 6 cm, then cervix starts swelling shut, down to 4 cm
- c-section called
- anesthesia fails during surgery (OMG never heard of this. Don't recommend it)
And Ms. Magpie. Wow. She is lovely.She is delicious. I don't know that it has sunk in that she is here to stay with us. That she is ours.
Unimaginable. All of it.
Click here to subscribe