Wednesday, June 15, 2011

And now for some good news


Thanks for all of your thoughts and support for our last two posts. Nice to know that you guys are still reading, even after our extended absence. It helped to read your words about the validity of the different choices we are faced with. So thank you for your comments. And also for your comments about others' difficult comments. It really helped.

So then...let's move on from these fraught topics to some good news, shall we?

Remember how I posted a while back that I'd passed my licensing exam to be able to practice independently in psychology?

Well...I have some more good news on the professional front. I've been offered (and have accepted) a junior faculty position at the medical college where I've been doing my postdoctoral training! Official start date will be in the fall, when my post doc ends (otherwise known as when my grant funding runs out), but I'm already doing the new job on top of my duties now - which means I am a very, very busy girl, but busy in a good way.


My new job will be a mix of clinical work, clinical research (mostly writing grants and working on intervention studies to try to develop and improve treatments in my specialty area), clinical supervision of advanced doctoral students, some med student teaching, along with the typical academic stuff of writing articles and presenting at conferences. Should be fun!

It is great to finally be at the conclusion of all of this training. I entered my PhD program as a full-time student in the Fall of 2003. What a long journey it has been. Here's wishing we can have some resolution to our fertility journey soon as well.

Mo

Click here to subscribe
Add to Google Reader or Homepage Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe in Bloglines Add to My AOL

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What great news. It's always good to hear from you, especially when you have good things to report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! clever cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mo,

    We are huge fans of Life and love in the petri dish over at Glam Media! We’re one of the top 10 online media companies in the US and would love for you to help pilot our new Health & Wellness Community at Bliss.com, slated to launch in the coming weeks.

    If you’re interested, please contact me about joining our community for the launch!

    Cheers,

    Sandy Hayashi
    Community Partners Editor
    Glam Media
    sandyh@glam.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!! That's great news!! Looking forward to learning from you and the wonderful contributions you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations many times over, Mo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome and very impressive (my sister is a phd in clinical psych andi know how hard it is and what long road). Here's hoping to a strong of good news from here on in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, great news and such an accomplishment. I am a psychologist (Ph.D.) in private practice and remember the hell that is that licensing exam. Congrats to you on the exam and your new position. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new position-- wonderful news! I know what you mean about being glad to be done with training, when I finished my doctorate (fortunately didn't have to do a post doc) I felt like I'd finished the Boston Marathon! 3 cheers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rock on, Dr. Professor! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!!! You are a stronger person than me, the thought of writing grants for the rest of my life and more importantly, having to THINK that much and that frequently, will send me scuttling away to an industrial job eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really is great news, Mo.
    Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's wonderful Mo! It's amazing that you have managed to keep your professional life thriving while going through infertility.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been away and just catching up, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Mo! As a fellow psych person, I know this is a huge deal, and it sounds like a great position. I loved doing supervision, and hope you too will enjoy passing along your great wisdom to the next cohorts. You're all grown up now :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations - sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy that you're having something to celebrate! Congratulations!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just stopped by to say Congratulations! I'm glad that there is good news in your life, despite the hell of IF. And having just finished my PhD in Clinical Psychology, I can relate to the joy of finally finishing. Congrats on obtaining the faculty position. I'm sure you will rock it!

    ReplyDelete

What do YOU think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts